Careers that nourish lives.
Our people have an opportunity to nourish lives around the globe every day. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.8 billion during fiscal 2013.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company that makes a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance the industry through innovation and nourish the world.
General Mills is seeking talented Finance candidates with strong leadership skills to join our Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). As one of the leading consumer food companies in the U.S., we offer an exceptional program that few companies can match.
As a Financial Analyst at General Mills, you’ll discover some of the world’s most exciting Finance opportunities. You’ll work with the industry’s most successful brand names. You will be an integral part of a business team and are expected to contribute your ideas and suggestions day one.
The training curriculum for the Early Career Program includes fundamental technical skills and organizational learning, leadership skills such as influencing and strategic communication, and an opportunity to integrate and apply those skills to a current General Mills business challenge.
If you join General Mills as an intern, you will have the opportunity to network and interact with strong leaders and developers of people throughout the Finance organization. In addition, a team of current Financial Analysts coordinate professional development and social networking events throughout the summer to facilitate networking within General Mills and showcase the amenities that the Minneapolis area has to offer.
General Mills is seeking talented Finance candidates with strong leadership skills for our 11-12 week Summer Internship Program. As a Financial Analyst Intern, you will become a key business team member working on important projects with tangible business impact. At the end of your internship, you will formally present your project results to your cross-functional business team and senior Finance leaders.
Building finance leaders with both the character and integrity to flawlessly execute our fiduciary
responsibility, and the expertise and business acumen to deliver consistently superior business
resultsstarts with candidates who possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated superior performance
- A practical and creative approach to problem solving
- Commitment to self-development and development of others
- Ability to form trusting partnerships through candid, objective communication
- Broad business perspective
- Applied technical/financial expertise to drive value
Ability to lead and influence teams and apply sound judgment to decision-making
- Create strategies that maximize shareholder value while flawlessly executing fiduciary responsibility
- Conduct financial and business analysis to generate insights that influence cross-functional decision-making Lead cross-functional teams in the development and
- Lead process innovation to drive efficiency and deliver insightful perspective on key business drivers
- Leverage data and information systems to forecast performance and articulate key drivers of change
Apply financial acumen and technical understanding to provide insights on growth, profitability, capital investment, and cash flow
Qualified candidates will be earning a BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance