Careers that nourish lives.
Our people have an opportunity to nourish lives around the globe every day. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.8 billion during fiscal 2013.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company that makes a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance the industry through innovation and nourish the world.
- Meaningful products and packaging through a culture of innovation
- Exceptional Food Safety, Regulatory, and Quality programs
We IMPACT and nourish
- People’s lives through the food they eat every day
- Communities around the world through social responsibility, knowledge transfer, and volunteerism
We GROW individually and collectively through
- Acquiring a range of experiences
- Developing meaningful connections with others
- Continuously pursuing relevant knowledge and expertise
The internship program is designed to accelerate development. You will be working on business critical initiatives that build your technical knowledge and leadership capabilities. Internships typically last 12 weeks. To ensure your success, intern managers are hand-selected and you will be provided additional support and resources, including a mentor and peer buddy. Assignments are based on business needs, educational background and skill set, and your career interests. Our intern program plays a critical role for bringing great talent into the ITQ organization.
- Create new, improve existing, and eliminate waste from products and processes.
- Collaborate with internal business partners in Quality and Regulatory Operations, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, Finance and Consumer Insights to build and grow our businesses.
- Engage external partners around the world to increase efficiency and to identify relevant new capabilities.
- Interact with consumers and customers to develop meaningful insights and translate into concepts, prototypes, and commercial offerings.
- Leverage scientific training while developing business-specific technical depth.
- Ensure the safety and quality of our food products and systems.
Qualifications: We are seeking individuals who deliver outstanding results and possess:
- Technical & Business Acumen
- Learning Agility & Cultural Agility
- Curiosity & Inventiveness
- Strong Interpersonal & Communication skills
- Passion & Enthusiasm
- Professional Maturity
Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in: Food Science, Food Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Packaging Engineering, or Materials Science.