Sustainability Intern -Summer 2018
Job Number: 8220
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
Located in Berkeley, CA, Annie’s Inc. is a natural and organic food brand offering great-tasting products in large packaged food categories. Annie’s products are made without artificial flavors, synthetic colors and preservatives common in many conventional packaged foods. Additionally, Annie’s sources ingredients so as to avoid synthetic growth hormones and genetically modified food ingredients. Today, Annie’s offers over 300 products and is present in over 70,000 retail locations in the United States and Canada. Founded in 1989, Annie’s is committed to operating in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner. Annie’s is a proud member of the natural and organic portfolio of General Mills. For more information, visit www.annies.com.
Our company mission is to cultivate a healthier, happier world by spreading goodness through nourishing foods, honest words and conduct that is considerate and forever kind to the planet. We are focused on building a successful and growing business in pursuit of our mission. We strive to be a responsible company that evaluates our success not only through financial measures, but also through our social and environmental impacts.
Assist and support the Sustainability team on a broad range of activities and initiatives. Gain experience working cross-functionally to achieve goals.
- Sustainability Reporting
- Work with Sustainability Team to collect and analyze sustainability data for industry and public reporting.
- Draw insights from data to craft written summaries to include in annual reports.
- Translate sustainability metrics into consumer facing content; partner with Marketing team to share content.
- Participate in the development of the annual public-facing report.
- External Communications
- Work with Sustainability and Marketing teams, as well as external design vendor to refresh sustainability content on website.
- Work with team to identify and develop new opportunities for sustainability communication platforms.
- Research and Analysis
- Conduct research on a sustainability issue important to Annie’s, relating to our Farm to Yum Framework; in collaboration with the Sustainability Team, we will identify an issue within this framework into which you will conduct a deeper research dive.
- Analyze key trends and summarize with relevant quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Present findings in written report and presentation formats.
- Employee Engagement and Education
- Lead a company-wide sustainability education event focused on a relevant environmental topic.
- Our Berkeley Office
- Support the team on Berkeley-based engagement initiatives
- Other tasks as needed by the Sustainability Team
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a demonstrated interest in sustainability, environment or agriculture, or related field.
- Demonstrated quantitative skills including collecting and analyzing data; excel experience preferred
- Strong team player, ability to work with diverse cross-functional teams, strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and communication abilities; ability to effectively translate technical data into digestible content
- Self-starter with superior follow-through and task completion
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Creative problem solver; able to work independently to produce quality results
- Thrives in fast-paced environment and maintains a sense of humor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook