At General Mills, we believe that the unique skills and perspectives of veterans strengthen our company and our communities. Military experience aligns well with our values of integrity, innovation, respect, people development and superior performance. Veterans succeed here because of strong leadership skills, a global perspective, and an understanding of what teamwork really means.
Hundreds of our employees are veterans, and we have benefits, policies and resources to support their unique needs. We also have an affinity network for veterans and friends of the military. The network has three pillars: Service, Leadership, and Recruiting and Retention.
The Veterans Club is a group for employees who offer support to veterans, their families and friends through community outreach and service projects. The Club also serves as a source of information and education on veterans affairs.
An Award-Winning Workplace
We have put several initiatives in place to help transitioning military vets and reservists achieve their goals for a civilian career. For these reasons, we have been honored with the following distinctions:
- 2017 Military Friendly® Employer designation by @VictoryMediaInc.
- G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employers
- Yellow Ribbon Company Designation
- Patriot Award from the National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard
- U.S. Department of Defense Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve award for commitment to employees who serve in the military
Download our General Mills Military Recruiting Brochure (PDF*).
*Download Acrobat Reader to view PDF contents.