Many General Mills products are already #1 or #2 in their categories, and our sales professionals continue to help us gain market share. As part of our team, you will sell established brands, introduce new products, and stay in front of our customers in new and creative ways. Our sales team is segmented as follows:
Convenience & Foodservice
You will sell to foodservice customers (such as schools and hotels), distributors, convenience stores, supermarkets, retail and wholesale bakeries, and fast-food and chain restaurants eager for our products and innovation solutions.
- Working at Corporate Headquarters or our business centers, you’ll provide analytical support and category expertise to customers and the sales team.
- In field sales or retail sales, you’ll work directly with customers to optimize in-store positioning and develop promotional initiatives.
As part of this team, you will provide industry-best customer service, identify opportunities for growth and improvement, and develop supporting action plans.
Successful sales employees showcase:
- Foundational selling skills and product knowledge
- Familiarity with business analytics systems and tools
- An understanding of volume and profitability
- The ability to influence decision makers
- A strong network of professional relationships